About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 30, 2019

Working around the House

Hello from my Mom's house in Pennsylvania. 

After a few quiet days at home, decompressing and relaxing after the excitement of Christmas, we packed up and drove to Pennsylvania yesterday afternoon. Robby wanted to spend a few days with his cousins before school resumed, and I promised to help her with some post-holiday projects. Today will be spent working around her house, but tomorrow is all about the Cousin Crew.

In the early summer I took the kids on a scavenger hunt through Harrisburg. I thought that they would have fun, but I never imagined that they would win. I grossly underestimated their competitive spirit! With 30 seconds to spare, we sent our final photo and the Cousin Crew took control of the leader board. The scavenger hunt quickly became the highlight of the summer.

Because they located every item and submitted their photos will silly gusty (another scoring aspect), they advanced to the National Semi-Finals. Tomorrow we are taking to the streets again for the second phase of the competition. Their competitive juices are already flowing, and the Crew is vowing to again control the leader board. 

I don't know if they will win, but I can guarantee that they will do their best and have a blast in the process. In the end, that is all that really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment