About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Hunt Day!

Last night's bout with phantom pain was most unfortunately timed. Of course, there is never a good time to feel agony in my missing limb, but the experience last night was especially taxing. Today I am going to be on my feet all day, running through the city with my Cousin Crew on their scavenger hunt quest. I have to be mobile, and I have to be quick. If I am less than optimal, I will slow their efforts.

Lying in bed last night, watching my limb cramp, contort and then experience the all-to-familiar stinging, I was miserable. Per usual, I have no idea what invited this unwelcome visitor. I helped clean around the house, but I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Best explanation I could accept was that it sucks and it happens.

I'm trying to drink more coffee to fuel me from my sleepless night. Today will be busy, and I'm hoping for adrenaline and caffeine to carry me to the finish line. The Cousin Crew is ready to tackle the challenge- wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment