About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Sick Again

Timmy was restless last night, tossing and turning all night long. I finally acquiesced and slept on a mattress in his room, hoping that my presence would calm him down and lull him to sleep. My plan didn't work and we both ended up losing sleep.  When we finally crawled out of bed, he grabbed the thermometer in the kitchen and proclaimed that he had bad germs.

Ugh. He wasn't wrong. He has a fever, which is undoubtedly the cause of his restlessness. I hate that he becomes sick so often and so quickly. He is complaining of a sore throat so I am on strep watch. Fingers crossed that strep doesn't materialize. 

He will spend the day on the couch, cuddled under a mountain of blankets and watching cartoons. I hope that this is just a blip and that his fever isn't heralding anything more serious than a cold. Until he is better, my anxiety is going to be heightened.

Autoimmune disorders stink!

No comments:

Post a Comment