About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Stunt Flyer

We were treated to unseasonably warm temperatures yesterday. Knowing that the weather was supposed to be gorgeous, I woke up early and tackled my work projects before lunchtime. After lunch, Hamlet and I grabbed his little red plane and headed to the park.

I wasn't the only one who had planned to spend the day playing outside. The park was busier than I have seen it in years. Kiddos were running all over the place, climbing and laughing with unbridled excitement. I think everybody has been cooped up too long!  

Even though Timmy is under modified quarantine, he received permission to play outside with buddies. He was delighted to run and explore with new friends. It was wonderful seeing him so enthusiastic and happy. I kept a watchful eye from a distance, thoroughly enjoying the fresh air and listening to the squeals coming from all corners of the playground.  

As we had hoped, Timmy's red plane was the hit of the playground. All of the kids flocked around him, eager to have a turn flying the Styrofoam stunt plane. Sharing isn't always easy, but Timmy did a great job. He was patient and allowed everybody to have a turn playing with his toy. I was so proud of him!

We spent nearly four hours at the park, and he would have stayed longer if I didn't need to go home to start dinner. Hopefully we will have another break in the weather soon. Socializing and playing without limits did him (and me) a world of good.




No comments:

Post a Comment