About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Party Supplies

After nearly two months at home, being socially responsible by maintaining distance, it is amazing how little things have become coveted. Yesterday Scott and I went on a quick car ride to pick up some party supplies for Timmy's quarantine birthday party. The package was delivered curbside, so we didn't even get out of the car. Yet just being out of the house and seeing sights beyond our yard felt like such a treat.  

I know that we didn't need party supplies for the four of us to celebrate, but I wanted Timmy to know that his day is special. Even though we are at home and the celebration is different this year, I want some aspects to remain constant. I'm sure that the desire comes from me and not from him. In reality, he will be just as happy with a cake and his presents.

In a weird way, I guess securing party supplies was me grasping for normalcy in an extraordinarily abnormal situation. With everything feeling out of our control, I was determined to make Timmy's party as "normal" as possible. I was thrilled when I learned that our local party supply store was open for curbside delivery and, although the selection was extremely limited, I'm content with our decorations.  

I can't believe that my little Hamlet will be six on Friday. While I know that he won't focus on the decorations, for some reason, it is important to me. It is weird how quarantining can skew priorities and perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment