About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 20, 2020

Yard Fun

Yesterday was my Mom's birthday, and I tore me up that I wasn't able to be with her. Knowing that she is also in the same predicament definitely made it easier, but sometimes social distancing stinks! Having to celebrate birthdays through video chat just isn't the same as singing to her in person.  

In addition to celebrating my Mom's birthday, we spent the majority of our weekend outside playing. The weather was gorgeous, allowing us to enjoy the fresh air and the freedom of our yard. If we lived in an apartment without access to a yard I would be far more emotionally spent during this pandemic.  

Every time I open the door to go play outside I am reminded about how fortunate we really are.  Between the trampoline, swing set, the woods our bicycles and the tree house, the boys are not lacking for activities. Although it has been physically exhausting being a constant playmate, my boys are happy and secure. Right now, that is the most important thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment