About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 04, 2020

Destruction

Our weather was gorgeous on Saturday, allowing us to spend the majority of the afternoon outside. While Timmy and I played (mainly consisting of my pushing him on the swing), Robby and Scott worked to dismantle the platform in out backyard. Mr. Bill built the platform nearly a decade ago for a pool. Unfortunately the concept never worked (it collapsed and sent the pool water rushing towards the creek), and we ended up using the platform for a trampoline instead. 

We recently moved the trampoline to the front yard and it felt like the perfect time to start the destruction process. Robby was more than eager to grab a sledge hammer and start breaking it apart. Of course, the task ended up being a tad more labor intensive than he anticipated and his enthusiasm quickly waned.  

I tried to be helpful, but between my having the upper body strength of a tyrannosaurus rex and Timmy's need for constant supervision around tools, my efforts were limited. Timmy and I did break up some boards with hammers, an activity that he found profoundly exciting. His zeal with the hammer caught me off guard and made me nervous!

Working together, we ended up tearing down about 3/4 of our platform. Our saw blade was worn down and we are waiting for a replacement to be delivered before continuing. Hopefully everything will be dismantled by next weekend and we can clear out the debris and start working on growing grass.











No comments:

Post a Comment