About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 08, 2020

Redeemed

Yesterday was exactly what I needed to get my mind back in the quarantine game. The weather was gorgeous. The sun was shining and the temperature was warm. I spent the majority of the day outside, playing with the boys and working on our peach trees. 

Being outside, I felt so happy and blessed. I know that we are still social distancing, but just being able to breath the fresh air made a world of difference. Playing with the boys felt like a joy instead of a chore. My heart was happy!

Timmy, Robby and I spent a lot of time launching soda bottle rockets in the yard. My goodness, they thought that the soaring bottles were one of the neatest things they have ever seen! Finding an activity that delights and entertains both boys is rare. Yesterday, I hit the jackpot with the soda bottle rockets.

At one point, Timmy decided that he wanted a close up look at the launch. He positioned himself close to the bottle, which was set on a dirt patch. Unfortunately for my little engineer, the launched caused some unexpected mud splash back. He was covered with mud, and absolutely delighted.

I definitely feel like I redeemed myself yesterday!




No comments:

Post a Comment