About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Minimal Complaints

We had another gorgeous day, affording us the luxury of being able to spend the day outside. Social distancing is so much easier when we can get outside to play. Listening to the boys laugh as they ran around the yard made me so happy. For a few hours, I escaped the pandemic anxiety and just enjoyed life.

Timmy spent hours hunting zombies through the yard. He was disappointed, but I was rather relieved that his hunt proved to be unsuccessful. Even though he didn't find any zombies, he had a great time and was smiling from ear-to-ear during his quest.

After the final zombie hunt we all hopped onto our bikes and rode through the neighborhood. Our nightly bike rides have become one of my daily highlights. I love spending time with the boys, just pedaling and talking. 

As we were riding our bikes through the neighborhood I couldn't help but reflect upon how very lucky I was feeling. Quarantining is difficult, but I cannot fathom how much more frustrating it must be for those who do not have a yard and readily accessible opportunities to get outside. I become cranky whenever we are stuck inside for more than two days. I promise, I am going to try to keep my complaining to a minimum!

No comments:

Post a Comment