About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Sunshine and Coats

Another non eventful day of quarantine is in the books. It was too windy to go play outside, but the boys seemed content to just quietly play for most of the afternoon. I used the down time to catch up on work and to relax. 

As boring as it is becoming, quarantining has allowed all of my leg ailments to heal. The sores, burns and aching discomfort that were developing have all been remedied. I am no longer feeling any pain when I walk, and for this I am eternally grateful. It is wonderful to be able to walk without discomfort. The absence of pain has been liberating!

Timmy was quiet yesterday, which means he will probably be raring to go today. I anticipate an afternoon of running around the yard and riding bikes. The cold temperatures don't deter him, although it frustrates me that we are in the middle of May and I still need a warm jacket. As long as the sun is shining and the winds aren't howling, Timmy will want to play outside.  

With my leg feeling strong and finally being ahead in work, I think today will be the perfect day to play in the yard. I've given up on waiting for warmer temperatures. I'll just take the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment