About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Long Drive Day

Yesterday was relatively laid back. After playing outside for most of the night, the Cousins didn't wake up until early afternoon. When everybody was finally awake I took the kids to shop for school supplies. Never a coveted activity, but they had fun because they were doing it together. 

This year we had another shopper on our list. Timmy is enrolled in kindergarten (gulp). While the big kids gathered their notebooks, backpacks and folders, Timmy and I selected crayons, colored pencils and glue sticks. Because all classes are virtual this year we took an educated guess as to what would be needed. I probably could have waited until classes started, but I wanted to try to build school days excitement for Timmy.

Last night the Cousin Crew painted rocks to leave on Candy Papaw's grave. Despite asking for years, they haven't yet seen my Dad's headstone. Today we are making the long drive to Butler so that the kids can "visit" their Candy Papaw. I am sure that they will have a good time on the drive, but the cemetery is sure to be an emotional experience.  They all miss him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment