About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 18, 2020

The Nutcracker

After two snow days, today we are heading back to reality. The roads have been cleared and our winter wonderland is turning into a soggy slush. I knew that the snow wouldn't last long, but my goodness we had fun while it was here. We are all hopeful that the early season snow is an indication of a heavy snow year. Since we will be stuck at home for the foreseeable future, we might as well be able to sled and throw snowballs at things!

This weekend will are kicking off our Virtual Christmas celebrations. Tonight Timmy is enjoying milk and cookies with Mrs. Claus via Zoom. Tomorrow morning he will take a behind-the-scenes tour of the North Pole, and hopefully he will be able to talk with Santa. Saturday night Robby and I have our annual Nutcracker date.

Robby and I have been going to see the Nutcracker together every Christmas for the past 8 or 9 years. It is a tradition that we both cherish. Even though we can't go to the theater to watch the ballet, we will be bringing the same performance into our living room via live stream.

Scott is going to wrangle Timmy in the back room while Robby and I dress up, enjoy our take-out Cheesecake Factory meal before settling onto the couch for the ballet. I bought a projector over the summer and, if the technology works correctly, we will be able to watch The Nutcracker on a big screen.  (If not, we will just use our television.)

I know that our traditions be the same, but different does not mean inadequate or subpar. This has become our official family mantra for 2020.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment