About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 15, 2021

Dance Party

My goodness I'm sore this morning. Unlike most times, today I am sore from activity and not from phantom pain. I have to admit, it is a refreshing change. 

The weather was absolutely gorgeous with bright blue skies, yellow sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures. Timmy and I decided to take an extended recess and played outside all afternoon. He was thrilled to be able to revisit one of his favorite places, our stream, to splash and search for interesting rocks and treasures. (He found two cans and a golf ball, which delighted him as if it were Christmas morning.)

After several hours playing outside, he finally agreed to come inside for clean and dry clothes. Almost as soon as he was stripped from his wet clothes and redressed it was time for him to login for a virtual dance party. He danced and rocked out with his friends for another 45 minutes. While he partied on camera, I have to admit that I was dancing in the kitchen. 

By the time the day was over, Timmy and I were both tired. I looked at my pedometer and realized that I had logged 21,000 steps throughout the day. My goodness, no wonder I was tired! As I was going to bed I was reminded that I am so lucky to be able to spend this time with the boys. They are exhausting and frustrating at times, but it is worth it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment