About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Vaccine

Yesterday the US shattered the previous "record" for one day Covid deaths. My heart aches for the over 4,000 families that are mourning this morning. My brain is screaming in frustration because so much of the pandemic could have been controlled with social distancing and wearing a mask. Until my last breathe, I will never understand the aversion to this public health measure.

Scott received an email yesterday, indicating that he will be cleared to receive his first vaccine in two weeks. I know that he has never before looked forward to having a needle pierce his skin! Hopefully my vaccine date will be soon behind him. I will feel so much better after we have both been vaccinated. Although I know that we will still maintain our Covid measures, I hope that the omnipresent fear will wane.

This has been a very difficult 11 months. Timmy has not been able to play with another child, in person, since February. At this point, I don't think he even realizes how much he is missing his playgrounds and jump zones.

I am looking forward to unwrapping our new normal in a post-Covid world.


No comments:

Post a Comment