About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Water Leak

Yesterday, a few minutes before Circle Time, I walked into the bathroom and stepped directly in a large puddle of water. I assumed that Timmy made a mess (again) after washing is hands. After noting that the hand towel didn't absorb everything, I investigated further. I opened up the cabinet and a stream of water poured onto the floor.

I immediately emptied the vanity. (Side note, those small bathroom cabinets can stow an amazing amount of crap!) Pulling the soggy bottles, boxes and assorted accessories from the cabinet was both messy and frustrating. Once everything was cleared away I was able to quickly spy the issue. Both water lines into the faucet were corroded and leaking.

I knew that this fix was beyond my capabilities.  Even with YouTube tutorials, I didn't have the tools nor the strength to replace the waterlines.  I turned off the water to the house and called a plumber. 

Thankfully the plumber was able to come that afternoon. After spending nearly four hours under our bathroom sink, the work was finished. Although I'm frustrated by both the mess and the unexpected expense (yikes), I'm trying to focus on the positives in this situation. We have brand new waterlines and a faucet from this century in our bathroom, and it works beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment