About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Milestone

Gulp.  Yesterday was a big day for my not-so-little Koopa. Last night he shaved for the first time. His shaving has morphed into a family affair.  From thoroughly investigating the best electric razors for teens to a special father and son excursion to pick out his own shaving cream, we have tried to embrace this milestone as a coming of age event. 

It is strange to think of my sweet little boy as needing to shave. As if his 5'11 inch frame isn't enough of a clue, is emerging mustache and sprouting beard serve as constant reminders that he is growing up. I really wish I could freeze time. But since I can't stop him from growing up, I plan to fully enjoy every phase and experience. Last night, it was shaving.

Other than some technical issues with the razor, the "event" went off without a hitch. Robby didn't have any nicks and felt both comfortable and confident with the experience. Even though it felt surreal to watch him shave, seeing him clean shaven felt comforting. With the facial hair gone, it is easier to see my little boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment