About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Finally Complete

After several weeks of frustrations and a lot of noise, we finally have a new roof, chimney cap and gutters. It was a colossal pain to oversee, but I know we are both delighted to have the issues finally rectified.  If and when it finally rains again, we should stay completely dry. Of course, after so many years of leaking I think both Scott and I will continue to have precipitation anxiety for awhile. 

While the gutters were being installed, both boys buckled down and worked on their remaining assignments for the school year. I know that they both find working on schoolwork frustrating when their dad is home. It is hard staying motivated on school when you have somebody skipping through the house while bragging about being on summer vacation. Hopefully, by the end of the week, both boys can join Scott in his happy vacation dance.

Unfortunately, today I won't be able to oversee their progress as closely as I would prefer. I have meetings all day, leaving Scott at home to hold down the fort. I'd like to think that he will continue with their schedule, but I suspect that everybody will be on vacation for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment