About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 11, 2022

One more day

 I am not made for this heat!  Thankfully today we are supposed to have rain which, according to the meteorologists, will lower both the temperature and the humidity. I really hope that they are correct. I'm feeling claustrophobic being stuck inside. (Have I mentioned how much I miss my pool?)

While we tried to stay cool in the heat, Scott was meeting his new students. It is so hard to grasp that he is already back at work! With him returning to the classroom so early it feels like we lost the entire month of August. So far he enjoys both his classes and his students so I'm hopeful that this will be a better year for him. 

Today we are supposed to have heavy rains. At least I don't have to worry about the roof, although I am eager to remove the tarp from our chimney. Apparently we need to have 5 solid days without rain in order to apply the sealant. Until the weather patterns cooperate with our sealant plans, we are going to be keeping the tarp on the chimney. It looks tacky, but it is keeping our ceiling inside dry.

Stay cool and hydrated. One more day in the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment