About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 22, 2022

RIP SUV

 After 17 years of adventures and memories, our well-loved SUV has been retired. The retirement was not voluntarily. Our SUV failed to pass emissions and, according to the mechanic, the $2800 of prescribed repairs does not guarantee that the vehicle will be brought up to code. After 312,000 miles, Scott and I have decided that it is time to call time of death. 

As a family, we do not particularly enjoy car shopping. I have many friends who love shopping and buying cars. I hate every single part of the process. From test driving and haggling to the paperwork and the stress, I hate car shopping. I am dreading the coming days as we are forced back through the dealership doors.

 Robby continues to feel the impact of Covid. His fever is steadily dropping and his energy level is increasing, but his cough remains violent. Every day he is feeling a little better, but I know that it is going to take time for the cough to completely subside. I suspect it will take weeks for his coughing to stop. Hopefully I am wrong and he recovers quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment