About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Cousin Crew 2023

 Please forgive my missing posts. The past few days I have been away with the Cousin Crew. Between the activities and the spotty wifi, posting was a near impossibility. Those kids keep me busy! I thought it was hard wrangling everybody when they were young. It hasn't become easier as they are encroaching on adulthood. 

Their ages become inconsequential whenever they are together. Individually they communicate as almost-adult, but when they are together they dissolve into a gaggle of giggling silliness. It is exhausting (and expensive,) but I love every moment!

Monday was spent hanging out around my house. We went to go bowling and the kids hung out at the mall for a few hours. In the evening we played games and they howled with laughter telling stories and remembering past adventures.

Tuesday morning I woke everybody early, packed up the car and headed to West Virginia. We began the day with a float down the Shenandoah River. (That is an adventure I will detail in another blog. Yikes!) After our float we headed to an adorable cabin Air B&B in the woods. Equipped with a fire pit and a hot tub, I knew the kids wouldn't need anything else for entertainment.

Their cell phones and the televisions weren't turned on during our stay at the cabin. Instead the kids played games and were just plain silly. Timmy was absolutely delighted to be part of the action. Being a member of the Cousin Crew is one of his proudest allegiances.  

Yesterday morning we packed up and headed to an all-you-can-play 1980s arcade in Maryland. I loved schooling the kids in the arcade games I grew up playing. Okay, schooling may be a bit of an exaggeration. I may not have been the most skilled, but I was definitely the most animated.

After the arcade we parted ways with my niece taking my nephews back to PA and with us heading back to Virginia. I wish the adventure could have lasted longer but school starts next week. The next few days are going to be hectic as I try to get everything ready for the new school year. As always, I feel woefully unprepared!










No comments:

Post a Comment