About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Weekend Wrap-Up

I had a wonderful weekend accomplishing very little. I have a lengthy to-do list to get the kids ready for the school year and I should have spent the last two days tackling it. Instead, I found myself on the couch watching Netflix and taking a long nap. It has been a long time since I've had such a lazy weekend and I think it was exactly what I needed!

On Saturday we didn't do anything that required us to leave the house. On Sunday we were all forced to put on real clothes so that we could venture into public for Robby's band performance. His mini-show was brief (sometimes these performances are an all-day affair) and enjoyable. He did a great job! I am so impressed by the confidence that has emerged over the past few years. His first time walking onto the stage he was shaking and his eyes were swelling with tears. Yesterday he jogged on and rocked like a seasoned pro. 

Today Scott returns to work for more meetings. The never-ending stream of teacher prep meetings has been draining for him. I know that he will be relieved and feel more centered when the students return on Wednesday. He always prefers to be in front of students than to be sitting in an in-service session.

While he is busy at work, I'll be bustling around the house in preparation for the Cousin Crew. This year they are coming down to Virginia for their annual adventure.  Aunt Peggy's week of fun is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment