About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 09, 2024

Back to the Mall

 Yesterday was frustrating. The pain through my ill-fitting socket forced me to sit and readjust my leg throughout the day. Despite my efforts I failed to find complete comfort. Instead, I struggled with trying to maintain a basic level of comfort. I felt like I was constantly fiddling with socks and pads in my elusive quest for a prosthetic fit.

Although I would not declare comfort, I am functional. The discomfort in my leg is nagging but not painful. I'm still hoping to stumble upon the perfect padding configuration, but in the meantime I can accept and function with my current prosthetic situation. I know that it won't really resolve until I get a new leg. Sigh. I guess I can't put it off much longer.

This weekend will be busy at the mall selling FlexyFriends. We haven't been there since December and it is going to be interesting to compare the pre and post holiday crowds. (Hopefully we won't notice much of a difference!) 

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment