About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Pain

 I spent much of yesterday afternoon hobbling around my house while cursing my prosthesis. It hurts. I've lost so much weight that it no longer fits. My make-shift pads, which had been keeping comfortable and mobile, no longer seem to be working. I know that I need another socket, but the thought of adding appointments to my already overflowing schedule is overwhelming. 

Of course, not being able to walk is more inconvenient, so we will see. Ideally I would like to wait until school is over before starting the process but I am not sure I'm going to be able to wait. I've given myself a deadline of tonight to make a decision. If I can figure out another configuration of pads throughout the day, I'll be able to delay the process. But if the pain continues, I'm going to make the call. I hate the process, but I detest not being able to walk more.

The sudden heat yesterday did not help my socket issues. The temperatures spiked into the 90s which added sweat to the occasion. Between the sores, the pinching and the heat, I was miserable with every step. Hopefully today will be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment