About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Tired but Good

 Although I'm physically tired and not terribly keen on waking up early and wearing real pants all day, I'm delighted to be back at work with my students. Now that the meetings are over and the students are getting into the flow of their new school year, I'm starting to develop a permanent schedule. Right now I feel like I'm a bit frantic as I try to see every student to ensure that they aren't getting lost in their new buildings, but soon I know this will all become routine. 

We moved Robby into his new dorm room on Saturday and he officially begins his classes today. He is nervous but excited to be finally delving deeper into his major. I know that he is feeling overwhelmed by the totality of work laid out in his syllabi. Last night I spent about an hour trying to help him organize his course load and reminding him that he is ready for these classes.

Right now, Timmy is the only one still on summer vacation. He is basking in late mornings and midnight snacks. In a few days his little world will be rocked as we reintroduce his school year schedule, but I'm going to let him continue to live his best life. He is in that sweet time period where he is happy that Robby is gone because he has reclaimed space and snacks but he does not yet miss his companion and buddy. In another week or two, he will start to feel lonely. But in this moment, I know he is trying to keep a mask on his elation.

Have a day as happy as Hamlet's.

No comments:

Post a Comment