About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Support Pizza

 We have working AC! It was an absolute delight to come home yesterday to a cool house. After a long day in the heat, taking off my bra and leg felt amazing. As a bonus, the cooler house allowed me to recover more quickly from my day working in the sweltering temperatures and I was able to actually enjoy my evening.

While the AC was being repaired yesterday, Timmy was logging in for his first day of school. He complained incessantly throughout the weekend, be-groaning the end of summer and the return of his school routine. To everybody's delight, he had an amazing first day. He reported that he was happy to be with his friends and he is excited about what he is going to learn this year.

Unfortunately, Robby did not have nearly as good or productive of a day. He discovered that he has been enrolled in the incorrect Biology course. It is only the beginning of week two, but apparently it is too late to drop and add a course without a lot of professor involvement. He is extremely frustrated to have been put into the wrong section, and I honestly don't blame him. This is something that both his advisor and the registration system should have caught- but neither flagged the error and now he needs to work through the fix.

I know that he will figure it out, but as a Mom it is hard to not step in and do it for him. (I'm not, so calm down!) I'm offering a support pizza and an open ear as he works through the process.   

No comments:

Post a Comment