Yesterday marked one year since I returned to Orientation and Mobility full time. One year of putting on pants every day and working in front of people instead of behind a keyboard. While I miss the autonomy and the comfort of my work-at-home lifestyle, I really do like my job. The students are amazing and, as long as I can float above the adults fighting, remain my only focus.
In all honesty, I had forgotten about the bickering that is often the fodder in teacher workrooms. The school is inconsequential as it seems to happen in every single. Regardless of where I am in the county, teachers are complaining and the gossip is flying. Working from home, I was able to skirt above the drama. Avoiding the gossip is still my goal, but now I have to be strategic about staying away from it.
Although I still don't like putting on pants everyday, I think the great test of mom leaving the house everyday for work has been a success. Timmy has absolutely flourished under his newly anointed independence. I've figured out how to run the house while working outside of it, a task that felt overwhelming this time last year.
Happy Work Anniversary to me. I love the kids. If I end up quitting, it will be because of the adults. Wish me luck for year 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment