About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 08, 2026

Blatant Incompetence

 I am beginning day 41 of working without knowing my salary, and the situation is turning from ridiculous to infuriating. I find myself seething with rage when I am working across the table from blatantly incompetent teachers whose position and salary have both been solidified, not through education and experience but through the WV Good Olde Boys system. In the meantime, I have been nominated as tribute to be the pawn in a Battle Royale between Special Education and HR. 

Who will win? At this point, it has become blatantly obvious that I will emerge at the bottom.  I'm angry!

My anger at the County is starting to infect my views on everybody who works within this system.  Thankfully the weather is favorable. I still love working with the kids- it is just every other adult in the buildings whom I want to avoid.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment