About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Traveling Momma...

This week I am doing something extremely rare. I am traveling without my husband and child. Scott is staying at home in Virginia, and Robby is going to his Nana's house. I've been asked by Ossur Prosthetics to travel to Seattle to talk about my Proprio ankle at a national conference. I am excited.

I am thrilled that the company has asked me to discuss my experiences with my Proprio ankle. I have been given similar opportunities in the past. I enjoy meeting amputees and professionals within the field. I love hearing other people's stories and sharing my own experiences.

It is always strange for me to be away from my family, albeit for only a few days. I miss Robby but I know that he is being spoiled and that he is happy. I know that I will return to a messier house and a hungry husband.

I look forward to writing about all my adventures in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment