About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 07, 2009

My Morning Conversation...

Yes, he is still "withholding." Per doctor's instructions, I had to have this conversation. I found myself kneeling down to talk with Robby this morning. I never thought I would utter these words...

"Robby, Mommy knows that you are in charge of your own poopy. Mommy can poop whenever she wants. Mommy likes to poop in the potty because the potty makes the poopy happy. You can poop if you want to, or you can keep it in. I can see that keeping it in is hurting you. You might feel better if you poop, but it is up to you. Mommy can't make you poop because the poop belongs to you."

Ah... the glamorous side of motherhood. I wonder if Hallmark makes a "Gee Mom, thanks for helping me poop" card.

My only solace right now? The fact that Scott has to have the exact same conversation with him tonight, only he needs to take the "man to man" approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment