About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Toys!

Merry Christmas Eve! It is hard to believe that tonight Santa loads up his sleigh and travels the world delivering toys and treats to all the good boys and girls. Robby is convinced that Santa will be stopping at his house and is giddy with excitement. (I suspect he is playing the odds that the Jolly Elf has been too busy to check his list twice!)

I am an expert sale shopper. If I could parlay that skill into a profession, I would be wealthy. I stayed well within budget this year by shopping sales and Craigslist during the summer months. All of Robby's Christmas presents have been riding in the trunk of Scott's car waiting to be wrapped. Yesterday morning I sent Scott to buy wrapping paper at the Dollar store.

He returned from the quick errand nearly four hours later. It seems that a new toy store opened up next to the Dollar Store. Scott, unsupervised in a toy store, is a recipe for a budget disaster.

He decided to stop in and pick up a few stocking stuffers. Apparently Scott anticipated Robby hanging Andre the Giant's stocking! Three toy stores later my happy toy shopper returned. The seats in his car are now piled to the roof with "must have" toys. When I asked about the price, I was reminded that Robby is only this age once and told that the toys he picked were "super cool and fun." So much for my budget!

Tonight will be spent munching on cookies, sipping cocoa and assembling presents. Everything will be Norman Rockwell perfect when Robby wakes up tomorrow morning. The tranquility will last approximately 5 minutes as he eagerly tears through his haul.

Merry Christmas Eve. I'll post pictures tomorrow, as well as Robby's reaction to receiving the coveted "Criss Cross Crash" toy, a much wished for set by many, many little boys. It's a good thing that Santa has had it in the trunk of his sleigh for a few months!

I couldn't find all of the stockings this year. We decided to improvise!

No comments:

Post a Comment