About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Uglies

I have been out-of-sorts all week. My allergies have rendered me scattered and running on empty. I'm hoping that some rain that is predicted will materialize and help with my allergies because I'll need all my energy for tomorrow when I'm chaperoning Robby's field trip to the Smithsonian Museum in DC. I have one day to get my head in the game and refocus. Right now it feels like a losing battle. 

My eyes are red, glassy and swollen, an unsightly combination of pollen and grief. Coupled with my nose pink from running and the deep purple raccoon circles under my eyes, I am certainly a sight to behold. It's safe to say that I won't be winning any beauty contests, but I might win a scary costume award!

I suspect that much of my distraction can also be contributed to the bombings in Boston. Every time I turn on the television or the radio, I can feel my anxiety begin to rise. I simply cannot fathom why somebody would inflict such a seemingly random act of terror. I have decided to cope the best way I know: I've pulled my Waltons DVD's out of the cabinet and have been watching them in lieu of regular programming.  I had to chuckle last night when Robby called out "good night John Boy" after we tucked him into bed.

Today I plan on working quietly at home with the air conditioning running in an attempt to remove the allergens from the air, and circa 1970's wholesome television programming streaming on my TV. This afternoon I have an appointment to get my hair cut and styled. I'm hoping that a day of rest, and a little work and luck, I might be presentable for the field trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment