About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 15, 2017

LONG Week

Oh my goodness this week put me through the wringer. Between Timmy being ill, Scott being grumpy because of work issues and Robby starting a myriad of extracurricular activities, I feel like I have been run ragged. I'm so glad that the weekend is upon us, although I am ignoring the glaring reality that my schedule is not going to lessen over the next few days. For some reason I keep thinking that the weekend will allow me to rest, but when kids are involved that rarely becomes my reality. Instead, during my autumn weekends I find myself desperately trying to keep the kids entertained and quiet so Scott can enjoy his football games. (Side note, I have learned to hate football season!)

Robby has been invited to participate in a local parade tomorrow. He's excited to march with his Taekwondo friends, and I wouldn't want him to miss the opportunity. I'm dreading the parking lot obstacle course, fighting the crowds to secure a good vantage point and wrangling Timmy throughout the 3 hour event.  (We have to arrive 90 minutes before the parade begins.) I'm sure that Timmy will have a blast, but I'm setting the bar to survival for me.   

After the parade we are headed to a World War II weekend in Gettysburg.  Robby is looking forward to viewing the tanks and visiting with veterans and reenactors, and I'm sure that Timmy will enjoy seeing the machines and hanging out with his brother. Looking at military arsenals isn't exactly my favorite activity, but I know that the boys will love it. Sunday I have no real plans, so I'm hoping that I can sleep-in, catch up on some work and just relax. Hopefully the stars will align and my wish will be granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment