About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

New Liners

I decided to escalate my issue with my insurance adjuster by sending her a copy of yesterday's blog.  She never acknowledged receipt of the link, but I am happy to report that by mid afternoon my liners were finally approved. I can't definitely say that my blog influenced the approval, but it is certainly a strong causal relationship. Whatever the prompt, I'm happy that this battle is now over and I'm looking forward to receiving my new liners. My limb will be grateful when I finally throw away this tattered (and rather odoriferous) liner.  

My leg has been feeling "off" lately. I wouldn't say that I've been in pain, but rather I have been acutely aware of my prosthetic use. I'm optimistic that the new liners will help to correct the situation and I will return to normal.   

Robby's extra curricular schedule has kicked into overdrive.  Every day we are going to at least one, sometimes two, activities after I pick him up from school. Some days I feel like I am more of a taxi driver and waitress than anything else. I suppose this is typical of a parent of a tween.

Thankfully Timmy enjoys going on community trips, and has grown into a good little traveler. I've managed to locate all of the play areas in the vicinity of each of his brother's activities, which helps to stem his boredom and gives us a purpose while his brother is occupied with his class and/or lesson.   

With our growing calendar, trying to fit trips to Elliot (my prosthetist) would be overwhelming. Fingers crossed the new liners will fix my issues, because I really don't have time for major tweaks right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment