About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Broken Eye Socket

On Sunday I sustained what I assumed to be a minor bump to my eye socket. While the pain was intense and I was dizzy and disoriented after the blow, I brushed it off because of the absence of blood. Unfortunately the symptoms persisted and yesterday I went to the doctor to get it checked.

It turns out that my "minor bump" was strong enough to fracture my orbital lobe (eye socket) and to cause a concussion.  The pain continues to be intense, and I am sporadically disoriented and jittery. I'm going to have to slow down over the next few weeks, which isn't easy for me.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment