About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Craft Fair Tradition

We had a laid back and relaxing Memorial Day weekend.  On Friday the boys and I (minus Scott) headed to PA to visit with my Mom for a few days. In an effort to miss holiday traffic, our visit was brief so we could leave on Sunday. Even though we were only there for two days, we managed to fit in a lot of activities!

Saturday morning we went to the craft fair along the river in Harrisburg. My Mom and I started this tradition more than 25 years ago and since that time we have only missed a few. We started going to the craft fair when I was just 16 years old and an emerging Junior in high school.  Now I am a Mom to a tween and a preschooler, but our craft fair tradition remains.  

Robby now anticipates the craft fair with the same excitement as my Mom and I. He looks forward to scouring the tented artisan stands seeking unusual treasures- usually a turtle. We now have a new turtle sculpture welcoming visitors at the end of our driveway. Constructed from cake pans and spoons, our happy little Koopa is the perfect addition to our yard.

This year Timmy even got into the action by spying a wooden train. The look of sheer delight on his face left little doubt that the choo-choo was destined for our home. His new train is now a prized possession and already logged a lot of miles on our floor.

After the craft fair my sister "borrowed" Timmy for the evening. While Robby, my Mom and I went to an auction, she took him to Hershey Park. From the photos she shared, he had an absolute blast! His little cheeks must have hurt from smiling so broadly. 

Sunday morning I helped my Mom with a few household projects before heading home. We didn't do anything grand for the remainder of the holiday weekend, but it was nice to simply relax. I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment