About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 01, 2018

WWII Weekend is HERE!

After 51 weeks of counting down, the weekend has finally arrived.  This morning we are heading back in time to the World War II weekend in Reading, PA. We (mainly Robby) refuse to allow the dreary weather to impact our weekend. World War II weekend has become a highlight of Robby's year, and there was no doubt that we would attend again this year.

After years of begging, today his cousins are able to attend. Although they aren't quite the military history fans, they are excited by proxy. Robby will have a blast showing them around his favorite stomping grounds, enlightening them with historical trivia throughout the day.  Even if it rains, it should be a fantastic day!

I reserved our hotel room back in December, planning which I appreciate because they are now sold out. I'll post more this evening, with pictures. But for now I'm logging off and heading back to the 1930's.

No comments:

Post a Comment