About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Adventure Time!

The kiddos are up and the house is buzzing with excitement. Timmy is the only cousin to know our destination, but thankfully nobody really understands what he is saying when they ask him. I am so excited to be taking everybody to the beach for a few days!

Robby had been wanting to go to the beach and to experience the boardwalk with his cousins since last summer. I told him that he would have to forgo his birthday party if he wanted to make this a reality, a deal which he thoughtfully accepted. He seems to have forgotten our deal from last summer because he doesn't seem to know where we are headed. 

Unlike other adventures, my Mom will be joining us. I have secured her a separate room at the hotel (thanks Groupon) so she can truly relax. Her only "responsibility" is to watch Timmy at night (when he is sleeping) so I can go on the boardwalk with the Crew.  

The weather is supposed to be lousy, but that is out of my control. Despite the cool temperatures, I'm sure that they will have a blast. Weather is less significant when you are younger, and they will simply be excited to be at the beach and to be together.

Photos to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment