About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cold!

It seems that the cold weather is here to stay. It is becoming increasingly difficult rolling out of my warm bed each morning. Having to don an icy cold liner onto my warm limb is an unpleasant shock that I dread for several months out of the year. It is amazing how cold the gel becomes overnight.

I try to remember to bring the liner under the electric blanket before I put it on, but I don't always remember. I instantly regret my lapse as soon as the cold silicone touches the bottom of my limb. Talk about an unpleasant way to wake up in the morning. It feels like my leg is being dipped into a bucket of ice water!

Not only does the liner become ice cold, but my limb becomes frigid in the winter. Even while wearing my leg, my limb often aches from being so cold. My winter evenings are spent with my limb wrapped up in a warm sock and under an electric throw. 

On "Cyber Monday" I ordered a case of hand warmers, which help keep me more comfortable during the winter. I discovered years ago that activating one or two and throwing them into the bottom of my socket before slipping it on really helps to keep the temperature regulated. With the dip in the thermometer, I'm chomping at the bit for my package to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment