About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Chaos

It didn't take long for everybody to get settled in since we returned home. My previously uncluttered and clean living room is being transformed into a train depot, thanks to the efforts of my littlest engineer. Robby's computer area is strewn with cups, assorted wrappers, and some random plates. Someday my house will remain clean and tidy, but probably not when the kids are still living here. 

When he hasn't been busy playing with his trains, Timmy has been dedicating himself to his role as a mischief maker.  While helping me make cookies, he took my bathroom break as an opportunity to add extra eggs to the bowl. When I returned he proudly showed me his efforts.  We ended up making 6x the original amount so I didn't waste the ingredients.  

Sitting on the couch, I slipped out of my legs so I could completely curl under the electric blanket. Hamlet lept on the opportunity like a lion pouncing on its prey. With a flash, he had grabbed my leg and ran to the back of the house, gleefully giggling. Without my leg and with no crutches in sight, I was captive to my four-year-old. Thankfully he only used the opportunity to get a cookie before returning my leg.  

I'm hoping that he calms down today because yesterday was exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment