About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Eat the Cookie

It is the day after the midterm election, and I could not be happier! Results notwithstanding, I am delighted we will be afforded a break from the nasty political scene. Magically all of the commercials have switched from fear-filled nasty rhetoric to snowmen, cookies and holiday joy. 

I wonder if the spite-filled and toxic nature of our politicians and their followers would change if we, as a society, concentrated more on the messages streamed in holiday commercials instead of investing our mental energies into those during the election.  Either way, I'm soaking up every moment of the season, because before I am ready the commercials will again change from being happy and eat-the-cookie to go on a diet and you need to improve.

Today I am in Pennsylvania so that I can take my Mom to her surgeon for a follow-up. Last night I went on a grocery shopping spree, setting her and the kids up with food and treats for the next few weeks. After two weeks of not being able to drive, her shelves were becoming sparse. 

Thankfully my mom is getting around better and is feeling less pain every day. Even though she is improving, I worry that she is going to overdo it.  She is stubborn and is doing more than she probably should do, but there is absolutely no stopping her when she gets her mind set on something.  (If you were to ask Scott I am sure he would describe me in a similar way.)

After Mom's appointment, I need to drive back to Virginia so that Robby can make his app building class in time. I wish I could stay longer, but this is a busy week with classes, appointments, and meetings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment