About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 14, 2018

Relaxing the Holiday

Heavy rain is in the forecast for the entire weekend, effectively washing out all of my holiday plans. Walking through light displays and visiting an outdoor Christmas Village are definitely more inviting in clear weather, or even snow, than they are in the rain.  I guess the boys will have to settle for a trip to the mall and baking cookies instead. 

I have a feeling neither will complain about our change in plans. They are both so excited about the holidays that every activity is both a treat and an adventure. Their enthusiasm is contagious and will surely keep me in the spirit despite the dismal rain.  

This holiday season I have been working to remain in the moment and as relaxed as possible. For so many years I have worked myself into a tizzy trying to orchestrate the perfect experience for everybody else. I have decided that perhaps it is time to take another approach. My house might not be as clean and the cookies may not have perfect decorations, but the kids are happy and my smile is authentic. This year, we are all going to enjoy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment