About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 18, 2019

Snow Fight

We woke up this morning to a fresh coat of snow on the ground. It isn't enough to cancel schools, but my goodness it is pretty. The tree covered branches of the trees in the forest surrounding our house is a simply breathtaking view. Before everybody wakes up, my life feels tranquil and calm when the snow is falling. 

As I was sipping my coffee and looking at the snow gently falling my little wrecking ball ran and jumped on top of me, bringing me back to reality. Timmy is already begging to go play in the snow and is undeterred by the fact that the sun has not completely risen. His early morning persistence woke up Robby, who was not amused by the unwelcome wake-up. Now I have a grumpy teenager and a frustrated preschooler. 

Pulling a trick from my Mom's deck, I set the timer on the oven for when we can go outside. Somehow Timmy seems to accept that we can't go outside until the timer dings, and his outbursts and insistence has stopped. I really wish I had tried her trick earlier!

The tranquil and laid back vibe from my first cup of coffee was immediately shattered when the kids wake up. I love them both to the moon, and I could use a plethora of adjectives to describe their attributes. But calm and tranquil are not among them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment