About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Improvement

After days of extreme fever, vomiting, and lethargy, our little Timmy has turned the corner. Yesterday afternoon he began to keep down water and chicken broth. Within hours his fever was dropping and he was sipping on bowls of broth. I felt so relieved to see his color and goofy demeanor return!

While the flu symptoms have begun to lessen, his persistent and deep cough is an omnipresent reminder that he continues to struggle with pneumonia. Despite the breathing treatments, antibiotics and lots of love, I know that the cough is going to be more difficult to eradicate. My little Hamlet's immune system simply isn't strong enough to fight off infections like other kids. He is more susceptible to becoming ill, the symptoms manifest with more voracity and they tend to stay around longer when compared to his peers.

Although I'm delighted that he is better, I am well aware that the battle is not yet over. The tide could turn quickly, so I am still in triage mode. My house looks like a miniature hospital ward with his medications, treatments and sterilization materials. Until the coughing completely subsides, I am going to remain in nurse mode.

Today we are going to keep it low-key. Although Timmy is feeling better, he still has a fever and needs to rest. Hopefully, the worse of the "flu-monia" is behind us and healthier days are ahead, but we have a long road ahead of us until he has returned to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment