About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Crutch Day

I've been trying to remain upbeat. I listen to the meditations and I have been journaling my positive thoughts. Despite these efforts, my limb issues are really starting to drag me down. When pain is involved, happiness is often feigned.  

I'm tired of hurting. I'm tired of dealing with an ill-fitting leg and liner discomfort. I'm tired of my prosthesis remaining omnipresent with every single step. (I'm sorry for complaining, but I if I'm going to provide a realistic account of life with limb loss, sometimes it is necessary.)

Last night I waved the surrender flag and pulled out the crutches. I need to stay off my limb so that it will heal. The blister bandaids provide relief, but the delay in healing is a frustrating trade-off.  

It is supposed to storm throughout the day, so I figured that it might be the perfect day to go without my leg. Hopefully Timmy will be content to play quietly with his trains and toys, allowing me to keep my crutching to a minimum. It is a lot easier to use my crutches when we aren't playing outside all afternoon.

In preparation of my crutch day I had the boys pick up all the legos, trains, tracks and assorted plastic toys that were scattered around the floors. (Crutching on top of a train or plastic track can lead to disaster!)    Wish us luck!

Warning- gnarly picture below.















No comments:

Post a Comment