About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Water Park Fun

To the delight of the boys, today we are heading to a "ginormous" water park to splash and play. Both boys, but especially Timmy, are excited about our family adventure. I love activities where everybody can have fun. The age difference makes it difficult, but going to a water park definitely fits the bill!

Because I'm still wearing a piecemeal prosthesis, I'm a little concerned about how it will hold up during our adventure. I'm worried about maintaining comfort, but I'm even more concerned that the socket will hold up through the strain of splashing, sliding and running through the water. I'm going to bring another device with me, but fingers crossed that it isn't necessary. The backup is more for hobbling around than it is for walking. A prosthetic failure today would be catastrophic for our water park adventure.

Pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment