About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Escape

In a not so veiled attempt to escape my growing anxiety about my brother being released this week, yesterday afternoon I packed up the boys and headed to play at the pumpkin farm. I was relieved to unplug from all electronics and my worries for a few hours. Playing with the kids in the warm sunshine was exactly what I needed to recenter for the days ahead.  After all, escape is what I do best!

The weather was absolutely beautiful for my impromptu autumnal adventure. Both boys had a great time playing together. Seeing Robby and Timmy jumping, running and giggling in unison made my heart swell with pride and love.  

After a guitar lesson and a quick Halloween party this afternoon, we will be heading up to Pennsylvania. My mom leaves tomorrow morning and I need to make sure I have all of the instructions. I'm not worried about taking care of the kids, but I have to admit to being nervous about caring for her elderly dog. 

Molly, her beloved Golden Retriever, is on the equivalent of canine hospice. I can't fathom having to be the one to make the final care decision, nor am I particularly fond of the idea of finding her deceased in a corner or under a tree. My ultimate goal is to keep her alive until my Mom returns from Texas.








No comments:

Post a Comment