About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Falling

So much for our meticulously created plans for getting my Mom to Texas. My brother, who was scheduled for release tomorrow, threw a monkey wrench into our plans by getting released yesterday. Although he was delighted to be out 48 hours ahead of schedule, we were left scrambling.  

In the rush to get to my Mom's house, and in an attempt to avoid the "pumpkin parade" that Timmy crafted on our front walkway, I hurried towards the car with our first round of luggage. I ended up stepping into one of the holes in our front yard and immediately began to teeter. It felt like it was transpiring in slow motion, but in reality, I'm sure it was a few fluid seconds before I fell over. 

My ankle is sore and my stump really hurts, but I'm able to hobble around. I'm hoping that I can walk through the discomfort today. I despise falling! My Mom is en route to Texas, and I am going to be wrangling five kiddos for the next few days. Thankfully they are all old enough to pitch in and help if need be.

Little reminds me of my vulnerability more than losing control during a fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment