About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 27, 2019

Clean Up

After a busy Christmas day, my previously clean house felt like it was overflowing with dirty dishes, empty cups and assorted trash. Boxes and bits of wrapping paper covered my floors and furniture, the result of the enthusiastic unwrapping from some excited kids. I spent the majority of my afternoon yesterday picking up, organizing and reestablishing order to the chaotic living room. 

I was hoping to finish, but the I became too tired and lost interest. I realized that I was the only one in the house who was still working. After this revelation I decided that I also deserved a holiday. I'm tired of being the house maid.  I sat down and picked up a book, transporting myself away from the chaotic scene with a fantastic story.  

Today I will wrangle Scott, Robby and Timmy and involve them in the clean-up. Working together, we should be able to get everything put back in order in record time. Armed with an audio book to drown out the complaining, I'm ready for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment