About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Taking it Easy

I was delighted when both boys awoke yesterday feeling better. I was so worried that Robby was going to be sick for his band performances. Thankfully, the malaise from Monday was fleeting. Soon after they woke Timmy was zooming around the dining room on his roller skates while Robby busied himself with his VR and guitar.

Despite feeling better, I tried to keep both boys as calm and quiet as possible. The weather cooperated with my plan, providing us with a cool and rainy day. It wasn't hard to convince Timmy to stay inside to play when he saw the dreary sky.  

Usually I would take Timmy to an indoor playground on days with yucky weather, encouraging him to play and expel energy. Unfortunately he can't be around other kids right now, so I am forced to turn my living room into a playground. Between the roller skates, his push bike and Hot Wheels, my living room is bustling with activity.

I will be so happy when flu season is over and I can take Timmy into public spaces without fear!



No comments:

Post a Comment