About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Unexpected Picnic

I was busy with work from the moment I woke up until it was time for dinner. Although the reasons are both frustrating and scary, I was very grateful that Scott was home. It was so much easier working knowing that the boys were being tended to by another adult. 

After dinner I logged off the computer and headed outside to play with the boys. Timmy swung for hours while Robby and I went on a long bike ride and played ping pong. After I came home from riding bikes with Robby Scott took the opportunity to hop in the car for a covert mission. 

I have to be honest- I was quasi jealous that Scott was leaving the house. I've been holed up for so long that the prospect of going to a store feels like a luxury vacation. In order to minimize risk of exposure, Scott was designated the family community liaison, which means that he gets all of the "field trips."  

Although the boys didn't know where Scott went, they were excited about the prospect of a surprise. They spent the entire time debating their Daddy's intentions. They were absolutely delighted when their Daddy came home with milkshakes and french fries for an impromptu snack picnic.  

Unexpected surprises, especially those that involve milkshakes, really are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment